Friday, September 10, 2010

Yup, it was cold camping

I'm always shocked in alpine climates that it's so hot during the day but so freezing cold at night.  This trip it wasn't so dramatic and we weren't all that cold, but it did get chilly at night so we bundled Clementine up pretty well.  Here she is in her car seat fast asleep.  She was a very good little camper! I know I always say this, but how did the Pioneers do it for months and months? Every time I compare my life with theirs I am more and more in awe of those amazing women who walked across the plains pregnant, giving birth, sleeping on the ground, watching their babies die and doing it all wearing a dress and bad shoes.  How can I ever complain? I pay homage to you, pioneer women, by birthing all my babies naturally and by going camping every chance I get so I know what you went through.  In fact, next week we're going camping on a tiny island off of Puerto Rico for a week.  Please give me strength to handle a week of camping!

1 comment:

  1. Love your pictures. Love your comparison to the pioneer women. Life is tough all over. Good luck camping in Pueto Rico...oh such hardships! :)

    ReplyDelete