Thursday, July 29, 2010

First Flight

At the SLC Children's Museum, which is the best one I've been to

Clementine, along with her brother and sister took a trip out west to see her uncle Will graduate from college and hang out with family she has never met.  She was perfect on the plane and loved all the time she spent in her new baby wrap I made just before we left.  She spent time in Salt Lake City and drove up through some of the most beautiful farmland surrounded by mountains in Idaho.  She is a little tough to roadtrip with because she hates being in her carseat and won't fall asleep unless I hold the binky in her mouth, cover her eyes with a soft blanket and jiggle the seat back and forth until she falls asleep.  The unexpected 5 hour drive up to Idaho was a little tough, but I've figured out that if I swaddle her up, she'll sleep a lot longer in the carseat.

Quick timeline...

First night in SLC
Three nights in Idaho hanging out with family in Driggs in really fabulous condos, ate the best steak I have had in years, and attended BYU Idaho's graduation. 
Three more nights in SLC visiting Aunt Tracie and Meghan, friends Alissa and Ella and a bunch of my cousins.  It was so fun!

Thanks to all who made it a really great trip with minimal complications.  We made it home all with colds and I have lost my voice, but the cold didn't slow us down or cause any major problems until we got home and now Clementine has a slight fever.  Thanks for waiting until we got home darling girl.  I know that was a huge blessing.   So here was Clementine's first trip and she's only 8 weeks old! Oh, and we applied to get her passport today so she can join her siblings in being a world traveler.  Where do we go next? Africa, China, or Brazil....


 Chillin' with Auntie Meg
Super alert with Aunt Kris.  She looks so much like Henry in this shot.

Visiting Grandma Berry's grave.  It's the only grave you can relax on.  Love it and miss her!

1 comment: