Monday, June 28, 2010

How is it with three you ask?


So, many of you who read Bea's blog when she was born might remember the many entries about how difficult it was to have a second child with a two and a half year old.  I don't know if I ever wrote this, but I was on the verge of insanity and literally broke down five times a day and found myself crying myself to sleep and screaming at Henry on a regular basis for almost a year. No kidding.  Needless to say I was really concerned about what Clementine was going to do to our family dynamic.  I have to say that it is going GREAT! I still have the same ol' issues I have always had with Henry and his attitude, but Bea hasn't changed much and is still as happy and normal as ever.  Clementine is a great sleeper and constantly gives me hours on end during the day to clean and play with the kids with no interruptions.  My house isn't a disaster, I get adequate sleep, my children have clean clothes to wear, I've been cooking a lot with the fresh vegetables from my CSA box and now my own garden and look at me, I still have a few moments at night to update blogs.  It is a miracle! I was preparing myself for the worst but this is the best possible outcome I could have asked for.  I have to admit, though, that Clementine is a little cranky if we were to compare her with Bea, but cranky newborns do not bother me one bit.  Cranky four year olds on the other hand, that gets on my nerves. 

I know that the Lord is blessing me to be able to have the energy and patience to deal with this transition and I have to tell everyone that I've uploaded the entire Book of Mormon on CD on an ipod shuffle and every morning when I wake up at like 7 am to feed the baby I listen to it for about a half hour and it's changed my life.  I have been blessed with so much more patience, love, and long suffering that I'm amazed at myself.  I still have a long way to go, but I am so glad I decided to do that because it's been such a huge blessing in my life.  Thank you to everyone who had a hand in bringing that book to light because it's helping me to be a better mother. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you're not only surviving, but thriving. You give hope to all the rest of us. I love all of your pictures, lately. Very nice. And don't stress about the year spent yelling. My mom once lamented on being a bad mom, about losing her temper and yelling. I couldn't believe what I was hearing--I had no recollection whatsoever. I think moms are always harder on themselves than they need to be.

    ReplyDelete